Friday, March 12, 2010

Two questions:

1) Does anyone stand behind their products anymore?
2) Have you ever wanted to interactively shove a phone up a giant companies broad backside so deep that they have to floss to get it from being lodged between their teeth?

A little of the back story would help I suppose. I have maintained a long-standing relationship (in which I have spent thousands of dollars) with a cell phone company that rhymes with "horizon..." "Yourizon??" "Myrizon??" Well, if you still don't get it you are simply dense...but back to the story.

Said company replaced my defective phone this past week with...hold your breath now...a defective phone. Brilliant marketing philosophy isn't it. As I talked with their representative (firmly but politely I might add as he is simply a minimum wage employee following the dumba$$ policies of said company)...he informed me that I was going to have to pay the $50 replacement. Get this...pay the $50 fee to replace the defective phone they supplied me to replace the defective phone they had previously given me. Ingenious marketing scheme.

At one point, he even told me, "Well, technically it isn't our phone, it is LG's." To which I reminded him that they have their name on it, use LG as their subcontractor, and market it...thus it is your problem."

So...what has become of this? Absolutely nothing. Thus the need to vent.

I am thinking about sending in payment for my bill...in pennies. And then telling them that the debit card I usually pay for was defective, but that for $50 from them, I will restore its effectiveness.

2 comments:

  1. We called them too a few months back. We got rid of our land line, and billed us 175 bucks for getting rid of it. We had that landline for 5 years! The V-worker told me her boss rolled his eyes when I lodged my complaint? Toni

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think if everyone starts paying with pennies...their eyes will be rolling for a different reason. JB

    ReplyDelete